Since mentioning the possibilities of creative expression about waiting rooms, I have been reflecting on the topic. Here are my musings in the form of two lists Note how many things on the first list are solitary. Note how many on the second list involve interaction with others, or at least the potential for interaction.
10 THINGS PEOPLE DO IN WAITING ROOMS:
2. Do puzzles
4. Play games on their phones
5. Talk on their phones
8. Watch the blaring TV
9. Text on their phones
10. Send emails on their phones.
10 THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO DO IN WAITING ROOMS:
1. Learn a new language
2. Play board games
3. Work on a jigsaw puzzle.
4. Walk around a beautiful courtyard
5. Buy a yummy bowl of coffee and sit in a comfy chair to drink it
6. Look at some beautiful fish
7. Nose around a used book table
8. Play a game of pool
9. Play a game of ping pong
10. Learn a new skill like knitting or making websites
Who knows, maybe this will be my next project after the book is completed: Creating community in the waiting room. Watch for it!
Until next time